Airline Manor Baptist Church
|Posted by Charliej43 on May 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM|
May 09, 2012 - Airline Manor Baptist Church - Pastor Riley Hamilton
The World's Worst Prison (The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant)
The Setting of the Parable
1. Christ was talking about forgiveness not salvation.
2. He was talking about brothers, not outsiders.
3. This judgement is in the here and now, not in the future.
The Meaning of the Parable
1. Receiving forgiveness:
2. Experiencing forgiveness:
3. Sharing forgiveness:
Living the Parable
1. Forgiveness is not earned, but is a gift from God to those who receive his Son.
2. Have you calculated your spiritual debt to God?
3. The danger of developing a hard heart and a judicial spirit is real.
- Acts 10:43 "All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."
- Hebrews 10:17 "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more."
- Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
- Colossians 3:13 "Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."