Airline Manor Baptist Church
|Posted by Charliej43 on May 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM|
May 6, 2012 - Pastor Riley Hamilton - Airline Manor Baptist Church
God Wont Put More on You than You can Bear
2 Corinthians 1: 8-11
"8 We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters,[a] about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. 9 Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. 10 He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, 11 as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many."
Misquotes not found in Bible
- God helps those who help themselves.
- Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
- God wont put more on you than you can bear
"No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,....." 1 Corinthians 10:13
2 Corinthians 1:8-11
- Christ followers may experience Unbearable Suffering! (v.8)
- Theological confusion: Does God put adversity on you?
- Emotional confusion: Why do I have to suffer?
- I can't make it without God's strenght.
- I can't make it without your prayers.
- God will never put more on you than God can bear!
- It's the weak that take the prey not the strong!